Monday, March 1, 2010

Sesame Noodles with Chicken & Asparagus

So this recipe John and I have made multiple times.  It is YUMMY & easy!  Of course, from Cooks Country This recipe is a bit spicy so for the kids I just took the dry pasta and asparagus out before adding the sauce.  I also took pictures of our dinner this time.  It is difficult to take good pics of food so I figured if I am going to post recipes I should also learn how to take pictures of them.
Sesame Noodles with Chicken and Asparagus
2 chicken breasts cut into pieces
1 T vegetable oil (I use extra virgin olive oil & not that much)
1 lb linguine (I have used spaghetti, fettuccine.. whatever is in my cabinet and all are equally good)
1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1" pieces
1/3 C peanut butter
5 T rice vinegar
1/4 C oyster sauce
2 t chili-garlic sauce
1 1/2 t grated fresh ginger (I use the ginger in the tube.. don't wrong me)
1 1/2 T toasted sesame oil

1. Boil water for pasta.  Pat chicken dry.  Heat oil in large skillet over med-high heat. Cook chicken until no longer pink, 1 to 2 min per side. Transfer to plate.
2. Add pasta to boiling water and cook until just beginning to soften, about 8 min. Add asparagus to pot and cook until bright green and pasta is al dente, about 4 min. Reserve 1 C cooking water, drain pasta and asparagus, and return to pot.
3. Whisk peanut butter, vinegar, oyster sauce, chili-garlic, ginger, sesame oil & 1/2 C pasta cooking water in bowl until smooth.  Add peanut butter mixture and chicken to pot and toss adding reserved pasta water as needed

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

You're making me hungry.